At UPLIFT Festival 2014, Dr. Bruce Lipton shared how “your life is not coming from your conscious wishes and desires, your life is coming from your program.” He stated the function of the mind is to create coherence between beliefs and reality and simply put quoting Henry Ford, “If you believe you can, or you believe you can’t—you’re right.”
Dr. Lipton explained that scientific research shows we are only truly conscious 5% of the day, meaning only 5% of the day comes from our creative wishes, desires, and aspirations. The other 95% of the time we operate on autopilot with the default program that resides in our subconscious mind. The problem with this equation is that the majority of the programs that reside in the subconscious mind are negative, limiting, and disempowering, and stress triggers this part of the mind to take over and run your whole system.
So how can we shed our negative programming and create more from our wishes and desires when we live in a high stressed culture?
The I Create What I Believe! Program, endorsed by Dr. Lipton and based on his research, offers fun and scientifically sound tools to help both children and adults learn how to change their negative programming with activities as simple as scribbling and drawing circles and lines.
Explore and Ponder: Activity Two
Each I Create What I Believe! (ICWIB!) art activity is built upon the previous ones. In the first activity, Just Scribble, which is an introduction to the art of self-reflection, you learn to use the movement of your crayon and your breath to increase your focus, go inward, and observe. In this second activity, Explore and Ponder or the preschool version, Circles and Lines, you learn to uncover how drawing specific-shaped lines and patterns can instantly shift-mind states for you. In the process, you are also able to create a “tailor made” set of tools for shifting your mind states anywhere or any time. This means you won’t have to be a victim of your programming anymore!
In the programmable mind video above, Dr. Bruce Lipton says, “…The way to create peace is to help our children not acquire negative programming.” I would like to add, “…and provide them, their parents, and teachers with tools so they can all release any negative programming they have already acquired.”
How could doing the ICWIB! activities help bring about peace? When you shift from your reactive mind to your conscious mind your heart opens, your mind becomes clearer, and you experience an inner peacefulness. This in turn shifts your perceptions and allows you to move through life in a more open-hearted and compassionate way, instead of responding from your negative programs.
So with this in mind, I invite you to collectively join together and learn, practice, and share the ICWIB! activities with your family, friends, colleagues, and community, and when you do, please share your stories with all of us on our ICWIB! Facebook page.
Explore the ICWIB! Program further and continue to follow our weekly posts here. If you enjoy these activities, Like us on Facebook and share in the conversation. We’d love to hear your feedback—see you there!